Researcher (Postdoctoral Scholar or Staff Scientist) position in Developmental Neurobiology Unit
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
Researcher (Postdoctoral Scholar or Staff Scientists), Developmental Neurobiology Unit
We are searching a researcher, who will be involved in the mechanism underlying photoreceptor degeneration and regeneration using zebrafish as an animal model. We appreciate application of young motivated researchers who have worked in the field of cell and developmental biology and are willing to contribute to medical therapy for human eye genetics disease. Information on our research is shown in our lab URL (https://groups.oist.jp/dnu).
Applicants should have ph.D in the field of cell biology or developmental neurobiology. Knowledge and experience of genetics, histology, and molecular biology are desirable.
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 1 year. This contract may be renewed up to total of three years.
Working hours: 9:00-17:30 (Discretionary)
Compensation in accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
Apply by emailing your Submission Documents to:
(Please replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
Or send documents via post mail to:
Ayako Gima (Ms), Developmental Neurobiology Unit
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
- Curriculum vitae with photograph
- Publication list (research papers and oral/poster presentation in scientific meetings)
- Brief description of your past work and short explanation of application’s reasons for applying (A4, 2 -3 pages)
- E-mail address of two references who can evaluate applicant quality (past or current supervisors are preferable).
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.