The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 60 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
The recruiting staff is responsible for coordinating full life-cycle recruiting: recruiting, screening and recommending placement of staff by using creative sourcing methods, managing hiring managers expectations, and developing an excellent relationship with internal and external stakeholders to ensure achievement of staffing goals.
Division for Gender Equality and Human Resource Development
- Coordinate with hiring manager(s) to determine staffing needs and the best process for the position(s).
- Build candidate sources by contacting resources, screen resumes, arrange interviews with candidates, administer appropriate travel arrangements for interviews, conduct assessments and background checks, and extend verbal and written job offers.
- Use resources, such as Agencies, Career fairs, LinkedIn, SNS, etc., to identify and attract quality candidates.
- Develop and maintain an excellent relationship with internal and external clients to ensure achievement of staffing goals.
- Communicate important employment information during delivery of employment offers (e.g., benefits, compensation, relocation, etc).
- Manage current candidate activity in system.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Able to handle variety of positions (Back office and Engineer positions) as a recruiting staff.
- Hands-on knowledge of recruitment tools.
- Strong experience to build relationship with the recruiting agent and stakeholders.
- Hands-on experience managing LinkedIn.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Japanese.
- Experience working in an international environment where a large portion of the employees are internationally recruited.
- Recruiting experience in stat-up, tech companies is a plus.
Term & Working Hours
Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
lextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5 hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month
Compensation & Benefits
- In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Job class: Administrative Staff II (A2)
- Annual salary: 3.2M-6.0M
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Support Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
If you have any questions, please contact us at recruiting[at]oist.jp.
(replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
- Curriculum vita in English and Japanese
- Cover letter in English and Japanese
- Names and contact information of 3~5 referees, one of which should be a previous employer
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.