Postdoc positions in Quantum Transport and Electronic Structure Theory Unit
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is overlooking a beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. English is the official language of the university, and its research community is very international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
There are several openings for postdoctoral researchers available in the newly established Quantum Transport and Electronic Structure Theory Unit (QTESTU) at Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST).
Perform innovative research in the QTESTU under the supervision of the unit head, Prof. Fabian Pauly, in the field of theoretical condensed matter theory. Participation in group seminars, presentation of research results at international conferences, publication of research results in scientific journals. Active role in potential collaborations with theoretical and experimental groups.
- PhD in theoretical physics or a related discipline.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Ability to work in an international team of researchers.
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment. Postdoctoral positions will normally be held for a period of 3 years.
Working hours: 9:00-17:30 (Discretionary)
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation in accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid; see http://www.shigakukyosai.jp)
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by emailing your submission documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
-Cover letter (1-2 pages), stating your motivation to apply, your research interests and goals.
-Curriculum vitae, including publication list.
-BSc, MSc and PhD certificates, including grades.
-Contact information of at least 2 referees, one of which should be a previous employer.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.