Multimedia Communications Specialist
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
OIST is seeking an experienced multimedia communications specialist to support our growing digital presence and to help us take our content to the next level. You will work as part of a team to develop a wide range of multimedia assets at OIST including video content, photographs, Podcasts, and other content suitable for web and social media channels. The Media Section works with a wide range of staff at OIST including the administration and many researchers.
Come live in sunny Okinawa and help us to build a new and different university in Japan.
- Serve as the videographer for the Communications & Public Relations group at OIST developing story ideas and producing high quality video assets for the university
- Deliver audience-focused digital communication activities for use in different communication channels (FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube, OIST web sites)
- Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate digital content for OIST
- Provide photographic digital assets for use in a wide range of OIST digital communication channels as well as advertisements, newsletters and other promotional materials
- Provide advice and support to members of the Communications & Public Relations group as well as other staff of the university
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate easily in spoken and written English
- Professional videographer skills and established portfolio of work
- Experience in digital photography
- Storytelling ability
- Experience in social media and best practice
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Experience in project management and meeting planned targets, monitoring digital campaigns and social media, and reporting on impact
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook, and other Microsoft programs
- Independent worker and team player – flexible, positive, proactive, enthusiastic and ability to multitask
- Professional and personable
- Japanese language ability or an interest in learning
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month)
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation in accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Annual salary: 4.6 million ~ (Job class: Specialist, A4)
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
- Cover letter in English (and Japanese if available)
- Curriculum vitae in English (and Japanese if available)
- Examples of Published Work if available
- Names and contact information of 3 referees, one of which should be a previous employer
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Support Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
If you have any questions, please contact us at recruiting[at]oist.jp.
(replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
Application Due Date