Enterprise Applications Manager
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
IT is an enabler for OIST business. OIST IT is dedicated to delivering services that enable the University to achieve its missions of excellence in research, science education, and the promotion of Okinawa.
The OIST IT Division works to empower OIST to achieve excellence in research and education through the provision of technological services that enable:
- Fluid collaboration and access to data, within and without the University
- World-class science and scholarship
- Innovation and technological development
This role will see the successful candidate lead the Enterprise Applications Section to deliver and support business applications across a dynamic and growing university, including as a core Human Resources and Finance.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead the Enterprise Applications Section, delivering enterprise applications services and support to the University
- Work with stakeholders to develop, plan, implement, operate and monitor effective enterprise applications and solutions to support the University’s business goals
- Engage with stakeholders throughout the University to remain abreast of evolving business requirements and make recommendation on changes to meet them
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) on various workflows in the University, enabling high-level discussion of their efficiency and alignment to university needs
- Lead university-wide Enterprise Applications projects, ensuring technical and business processes issues are identified and addressed
- Proactively make recommendation on changes to business practice that will improve efficiency or increase the value gained from OIST enterprise applications
- Coach and mentor staff
- Engage and negotiate with relevant vendors and service providers as required
- Prepare and discharge budget for the Enterprise Applications Section
- Ensure all relevant enterprise applications documentation is produced and maintained
- Prepare reports, summaries or other supporting documentation as required by the VPIT
- Ensure the university meets all relevant information security, legal and regulatory obligations with the scope of enterprise applications
- Experience in managing a team to deliver enterprise applications services
- Experience in ERP systems consultation, design or deployment
- Excellent negotiation and inter-personal skills in Japanese, and ideally English
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent collaboration, coordination and organization skills
- Experience in the planning, development, implementation and operation of enterprise applications at scale
- Demonstrated experience in change management
- Demonstrated experience in deploying ERP systems atop multiple market leading platforms, such as SAP, Oracle, Salesforce or Workday
- English language skills (TOIEC 850+)
- PMP or other equivalent certifications
- Native Level Japanese (equivalent to BJT J1 or above, or equivalent to JLPT N1 or above)
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: 9:00-17:30 (Discretionary)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Annual salary: 6.1 million ~ 14.3 million yen (Job class: Manager, A5 ~ Senior Manager, A6)
Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
Annual paid leave and summer holidays
Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
- Curriculum vita in English (and Japanese if available)
- Cover letter in English (and Japanese if available)
- Names and contact information of 3~5 referees, one of which should be a previous employer
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Support Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
If you have any questions, please contact us at recruiting[at]oist.jp.
(replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.